VetFamily is a unique partnership concept bringing together independent veterinary clinics to enjoy benefits within areas such as purchasing, business development, education and new digital services. VetFamily has grown rapidly over the past years. Originally a Danish concept and founded in 2000, VetFamily, today has more than 3000 member clinics with local presence in Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Germany, France, Spain, the Netherlands and Australia
Procurement is at the heart of VetFamily and key for its continued success and accelerated growth and as part of this success a search process has been initiated to recruit a talented individual to become a member of the Procurement Team efforts globally.
About the procurement function and role
The procurement function is a central and key function within VetFamily with large impact on the VetFamily revenue, future growth and development. The role as Senior Category Manager will be a combination of managing workstreams such as negotiating and renegotiation existing large contracts as well as taking full responsibility for setting up category strategies. Analysis as well as developing some of the largest supplier relations will also be an important part of the role. Also finding new strategic alliances, onboarding suppliers and getting the VetFamily to be more compliant towards these deals will be a success factor.
The main categories within procurement are pharmaceuticals, distribution (of pharmaceuticals and consumables), pet food as well as Lab Diagnostics.
As VetFamily grows, new clinics in new countries will be recruited which means that contracts and supplier relationships will need to continue developing to find large scale opportunities.
The role reports directly to the Management Team of VetFamily. You are expected to act with much self motivation and to be proactive and you will work close with each Country Manager to discuss potential category strategies and supplier partnerships.
Qualifications & Profile
– Master degree in Economics and/or Engineering and 8-12 years of working experience
– Experience as project leader from strategic purchasing and/or management consulting with focus on analysis, building supplier relations
– Experiened and skilled in negotiations
– Crucial success factors are drive, analytical mindset, doer and hands-on mentality
– Proven ability to deliver high quality work
– Willingness and ability to close deals as well as selling the VetFamily concept
– Experience of working in Excel doing advanced analysis of large amount of spend data
– The role will operate across the entire organization from senior managerial levels with the owners to the front-line and will thus require a high level of influencing skills and change management capabilities to bring structure, processes and performance orientation to the organization
– Ability to think ahead and challenge management thinking to grow the business, improve strategy and deliver results
– Fluent in English and other languages such as German, French, Spanish and Italian are a very strong merit.
– Previous experience from handling pharmaceuticals or similar products is a merit
The role will be located centrally in Stockholm with some travel within Europe but travels will be mostly shorter ones and always planned ahead
Reporting to Procurement Director, member of Group Management
For more information please contact:
Mobile: +46 709 78 35 00